You acknowledge that there may be interruptions in service or events that are beyond our control. You further acknowledge that the Site does not independently confirm the accuracy of any information displayed on the Site, and therefore the Site provides no warranty with respect to the Site’s ability to help any particular user go through a police hiring process. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the Site accessible, the Site may be unavailable from time to time for any reason including, without limitation, routine maintenance. You understand and acknowledge that due to circumstances both within and outside of our control Site access may be interrupted, suspended or terminated. The Company retains the right at our sole discretion to deny service, or access to the Site to anyone or an account, at any time and for any reason.
Everything located on or in this Site is the exclusive property of the Company or is being used with permission. ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING, DEEP LINKING, SCRAPING, OR OTHERWISE MODIFYING OF THIS SITE (INCLUDING ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN) WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE COMPANY IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. Any violation of this requirement may result in a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
You agree not to upload, share, submit, post, transmit, email, send to or otherwise make available to the Site any content:
a) That is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
b) That is pornographic, depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct or any material which is sexual in nature;
c) That harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
d) That impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.);
e) That includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent and/or express permission;
f) That is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, argumentative, or misinformative in any way;
g) That infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
h) That constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other unsolicited commercial advertisements;
i) That constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if: posted in areas of the Site which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to the Site users who have not indicated in writing that it is acceptable to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
j) That contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
k) That disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content (also known as a “flooding attack”) to the Site, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Site; or
l) That employs false or misleading email addresses, forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through the Site.
2. Copyright and Trademark. This Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright under the United States copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download, print, and/or save copyrighted material for your personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly stated under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material without the express permission of the Company or the copyright owner is permitted. You will not upload, post or otherwise make available on this Site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. You will be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
The Site and any content contained therein is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties including, but not limited to the Company’s website design, and other related trade dress.
The content displayed on or through the Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the Site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of the Company.
You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy any content from the Site without the express written consent of the Company, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Site. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Site.
You automatically grant and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, display, distribute, adapt, enhance, edit, translate, modify or reproduce from, any content that you upload, transmit to, or otherwise display on the Site, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works in any medium now in existence or hereinafter developed without restriction for any purpose including commercial purposes without any compensation to you, said content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing without any acknowledgement or compensation to you.
Furthermore, by uploading, sharing, submitting, posting, transmitting, emailing, sending or otherwise making available to the Site any information, data or content, you automatically grant the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to generate revenue from said content by any means now in existence or hereinafter developed including, but not limited to advertising, subscriptions, display, publication, periodicals and promotions without any acknowledgement or compensation to you. By accepting the terms of this Agreement, you expressly agree and acknowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation whatsoever nor shall you share in any revenue generated by any activities or usage of the Site, by any content uploaded, shared, submitted, posted, transmitted, emailed, sent to or otherwise made available to the Site by you at any time or by the Company itself.
Any content, data or information that is uploaded, shared, submitted, posted, transmitted, emailed, sent to or otherwise made available to the Site by you include, but are not limited to text, articles, comments, messages, forum postings, files, text, images, photographs, videos clips, sounds, data or any other information or data transmissible over the Internet. The Site includes any area or online resource that the user has access to and/or where the user has the ability to upload, share, submit, post, transmit, email, send or otherwise make available any content to the Site, Company computer servers or to the Company itself.
In addition, by uploading, sharing, submitting, posting, transmitting, emailing, sending or otherwise making available to the Site your content, you automatically grant Company all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of your content by any party for any purpose.
3. Account Creation. If you create an account on our Site, you may only create and hold one account that you are solely responsible for managing. Your account is non-transferrable and may not be sold, combined or otherwise shared with any other person. If you violate any of these limitations we may terminate your account and, without limitation. If we terminate your account, you may not re-enroll or join under a new account unless we formally invite you. If you commit fraud or falsify information in connection with your use of the Site or in connection with your account, your account will be terminated immediately and we reserve the right to hold you liable for any and all damages that we suffer, to pursue legal action through relevant local and national law enforcement authorities and to notify your Internet Service Provider of any fraudulent activity we associate with you or your use of the Site.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER THE COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OWNERS, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (I) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS SITE, OR (II) THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, DATA, OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE. THE SITE IS MADE ACCESSIBLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF DATA ACCURACY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIS SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDE AND AGREE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING, CONFIRMING, OR INDEPENDENTLY VERIFYING ANY INFORMATION OR DATA RELATED TO THIS SITE.
6. Dispute Resolution. EACH PARTY EXPRESSLY WAIVES THEIR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. By using this Site you agree that any claim, dispute, or controversy you may have against the Company or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, or affiliates arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with this Agreement this Site, shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA (“Rules and Procedures”). You agree further that: (a) the arbitration shall be held in Grandville, Michigan, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by you and the Company; (b) the arbitrator shall apply Michigan law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (c) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only your and/or the Company’s individual claims; and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; and (d) with the exception of subpart (c) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein.
You agree that any claim against the Company arising out of this Agreement, your use of the Site, whether based in contract or tort or otherwise, for damages or any other time of remedy in law or equity, shall be brought within the later of one (1) year from the date the breach, act or failure to act by any person occurred, or within six (6) months of the date claimant knew or should of known of the breach, act or failure to act or failure to act by the party to be charged.
7. Third Party Websites. The Site contains links to websites maintained by other parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not because we endorse or have an opinion about the contents on such websites. We expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such websites or the privacy practices of those websites. If you decide to access websites maintained by other parties, you do so at your own risk.
10. Non-Expiring Membership. Your password and username will remain usable and functional for logging into, and for the duration of the existence of the website, EarnYourBadge.com but can, and will be suspended and not functional in the event that a client (you) fails to meet their financial obligation during the purchasing process, which can extend to a period of time to exceed 90 days, in the event a client fails to fulfill and/or complete the payment process associated with the 3 payment option, or any other payment option available at the time of purchase, wherein the vendor, does not receive payment in full at the time of the establishment of a Membership with Earn Your Badge. That’s all attorney speak. In real world terms, if you fail to pay for the Membership you’ve acquired via any payment system, and do not fulfill your obligation to pay full price for the services ordered, your Membership will be cancelled.
11. “Lifetime Membership”. In the event that language, or similar language appears in the terms of service that includes the term “lifetime,” it is understood that “lifetime” may represent less time, if not substantially less time than the amount of time a person actually lives, be it the client, or the purveyor or purveyors of EYB. A life sentence in prison often doesn’t even mean until one dies in prison. A life sentence often equates to 15 or 20 years of incarceration, or more, or less. With that said, a “lifetime’” membership to EYB is hereby limited to the length of time that the EYB site is up and running or, the time for which a certain specific service or services are available. The company reserves the right to edit, change, alter or fully remove any service or services at any time. If for any reason, the EYB site ceases to exist, or any service or services in the Member’s Room of EYB cease to exist, any new paying Members that have fully or partially paid Memberships from the directly preceding 30 days from the date the site or service become(s), for any reason, non-operational, shall be reimbursed their full or partial payment. In the event any individual service owned by a Platinum member becomes non-operational or is removed from the EYB site, a pro-rated value of that service shall be refunded to that member as per the aforementioned “preceding 30” day window.
12. Interruption of Service. There may be times that the EYB site is “down” or non-operational for a period of time due to calculated, planned and/or unforeseen circumstances and/or scheduled, planned or unplanned maintenance. Clients are not entitled a refund in full or in part for any length of time for which this site is non-operational or if service is interrupted for less than 29 days. In the event the site is fully non-operational for an uninterrupted period of time of more than 29 days, refunds of full or partial payment will be fulfilled if requested within a seven day period, after the full 29 days of interrupted service, given that the requesting client has been a Member of EYB for 59 days or less.
No waiver by either you or the Company of any breach or default or failure to exercise any right allowed under this Agreement is a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default or a waiver or forfeiture of any similar or future rights under our Agreement. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall be of no legal force or effect. If any provision of our Agreement is held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions contained in this Agreement, and the remaining portions of our Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.